Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum
Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd
 O.T. and Site Info
 Gort-meister ... klatu, barada, niktow!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

outthereman
Grey Member

113 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2002 :  12:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit outthereman's Homepage Send outthereman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations fellow forum dwellers from outthereman!

Many thanks goes out to the Administrator of AUFOAU for inviting me to contribute with the creation of the new OTGscreensaver, currently available for all sentient beings at the screensaver page under MISC. I created the images, and C.H. packaged all 12 into a slick, imaginative piece which also includes background music by J.S. Bach. I hope you all get to view the OTGscreensaver which should cerebically transport you from here to "out there" with an infecting positive edge. I'll be bopping in from time to time and if there are any comments for me, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Take care, peace or else,
Michael Butler / Out There Graphics©

Where one is...
...Out There Man

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2002 :  1:52:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike, glad to have you aboard. The screensaver is really cool but I still haven't gotten a pair of those 3d glasses yet to check it out in all its glory. I'll let you know when I do though.

"We are not merely human beings having a spiritual experience, but rather spiritual beings having a human experience."
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2002 :  2:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I almost forgot...What does this topic say? I can't read it. I am a 'tard, I can only read english...lol

"We are not merely human beings having a spiritual experience, but rather spiritual beings having a human experience."
Go to Top of Page

outthereman
Grey Member

113 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2002 :  3:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit outthereman's Homepage Send outthereman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GORT ... KLATU, BARADA, NIKTOW ...
from the '50's sci-fi classic, The Day the Earth Stood Still.
That was the message actor Michael Rennie gave to his girlfriend to relay to his 7 foot tall robot companion, Gort. The 3 commands communicate to Gort that his commander is mortally wounded, unable to continue and Gort has to carry out the rest of the mission whatever it takes.
The Day the Earth Stood Still. Wow. A movie still ahead of it's time.

Where one is...
...Out There Man

Edited by - outthereman on 02/18/2002 02:29:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

outthereman
Grey Member

113 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  7:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit outthereman's Homepage Send outthereman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those of you who have seen the OTG Screensaver, Elrick reminded me of a feature I failed to mention as an extra added perk: If you aquire a pair of those sleek 3D glasses, NOT THE RED AND BLUE ones, the CLEAR LENS type, you might see a lot more in those images than you bargained for. Please make sure your seat belt is fastened on your office chair and don't do this alone. Emergency exits are on the aft S through W sections, left and right, and in the forward B through G sections, left and right. Be safe and enjoy the trip.

Where one is...
...Out There Man

Edited by - outthereman on 02/18/2002 9:52:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

252 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  8:05:28 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude, you're funny...

"Your bones have been my bedframe and your flesh has been my pillow and I've been waiting for sleep to offer up the deep with both hands."

-Ashes
Go to Top of Page

outthereman
Grey Member

113 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  11:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit outthereman's Homepage Send outthereman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey thanks BITETH!

I was starting to worry nobody would take me seriously.
But seriously, "...the lampshade has fallen, my arms tied to the bed,
I've been sleepin' for days now, the dog's name is Ned, ...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, ...and another ...blah, blah, blah,........blah, ...etc."
Did you view the OTG Screensaver yet? .....Well?
Stay sharp, peace or else

Where one is...
...Out There Man
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

252 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2002 :  7:50:20 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, havent seen it yet, btu when ig et home I'll have to give it a try. That and I need to find some of those classes youw ere talking about... I wonder of the BX carries those...

"The round Moon rolled behind the hill as the Sun raised up her head. She hardly believed her fiery eyes; for though it was day, to Her surprise, they all went back to bed!"

-Ashes
Go to Top of Page

outthereman
Grey Member

113 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  9:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit outthereman's Homepage Send outthereman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After recently viewing "The Day The Earth Stood Still" and "War of the Worlds", our mid '50's sci-fi culture was pretty hip on the marketing power of paranoia. The difference in fifty years though, would be the value of pride. 1950's values and concern for our fellow man/woman was an up-front aversion with an honest message and great fun involved in the production of sci-fi movies, books, stories, art, etc.

Orson Wells' brilliant radio brodcast of "War of the Worlds" pre-film, was a show of how gullable the general public can be when ignorant to the subject at hand and how education could make a difference in choosing suicide or laughter. A post-broadcast disclaimer said it was all a dramatic tele-play for the entertainment of the listeners only, however, there were a few suicides recorded during the broadcast from people actually believing we were being invaded from Mars. They should've waited to see how it ended.

To illustrate just how gullable the general public - in mass - can be, Orson aired, this time on television, a report on how spaghetti grew on trees! And people believed that too! No suicides recorded, though.

After these and similar stories reported, admittance of reality was afforded the public - out of respect for all. Which is not the case these days.

I believe more could come from UFOlogy if not for self-proclaimed experts that exist only for the money, and the undeserved recognition they receive from - the gullable. I think we all need to look further into this UFO situation, past and present before giving credit to self-produced space-monkeys.

YOU AND I ... WE ALL DESERVE BETTER!

Where one is...
...Out There Man
Go to Top of Page

outthereman
Grey Member

113 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  03:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit outthereman's Homepage Send outthereman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Step Outside and Feel the Tingle...

As a sidenote of sorts ... there is an Easter Egg Coloring Kit that comes with the "CLEAR LENS" type 3-D glasses, available in most grocery stores around the USA. "So what?" you say?

Download the FREE OTG Screensaver available on this site and experience Out There Graphics© in awesome 3-Dimensions! It'd be cool to hear some feedback, good, bad, or otherwise! It won't hurt a bit. Thanks y'all.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Where one is...
...Out There Man
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2002 :  06:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info....I've been looking for a pair of those....as you know. Thanks.....

Go to Top of Page

outthereman
Grey Member

113 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2002 :  02:23:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit outthereman's Homepage Send outthereman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My pleasure E.

The 3-D thing is pretty cool because it opens up your computer screen. It'll surprise you 'cause you're used to a 2-D monitor sitting in front of you and then ... BLAM! your screen opens up like a doorway.

Quite the psychological event too. I've witnessed friends in my office when I've had them view my work in 3-D. No matter what's going on at the moment, they'd focus in on the scene and forget where they were for a moment or two. You might say it puts one in a "mini power vacation" and there's a sense of compressed time for the viewer.
But like a roller coaster, you have to want to be there to get the most out of it.

As for another sci-fi movie classic, check out "Forbidden Planet" originally released in 3-D and one of Disney's first attempts at live-action special effects. We get to learn about the "Krell", a civilization so intelligent, our puny human brains cannot hold all the information and insight the Krell have to offer -- as one of the crew discovers when he activates the machine which transfers all the Krell's knowledge of the universe directly into the mind of the operator. Can you say Jello?

Y'all stay sharp. Is it the Age of Aquarius? I'm off to the 5th Dimension

Where one is...
...Out There Man
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2002 :  06:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember that movie I think. Isn't it the one that featured "Robby the Robot", a robot very similar to the lost in space robot? Reminds me of those little winde-up robots they used to have when I was a kid.....

Go to Top of Page

outthereman
Grey Member

113 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2002 :  11:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit outthereman's Homepage Send outthereman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YES

Michael Rennie and Gort, the laser slinging 8 foot silver robot, were in The Day the Earth Stood Still along with Patricia Neal, Sam Jaffe and Francis Bavier (Aunt Bea from Andy Griffith).

Robbie, however, did star in Forbbiden Planet a few years later.

Robbie, at one point in FP, even tied one on when he confiscated the cook's unlimited supply of synthentically made Kentucky Bourbon.

Where one is...
...Out There Man
Go to Top of Page

outthereman
Grey Member

113 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2002 :  12:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit outthereman's Homepage Send outthereman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, okay, OH-KAY...

So Robbie was the guilty party in manufacturing the hooch for the cook.
And maybe he didn't get swacked (Robbie e-mailed me and demanded I set the record straight or he and "Robot" from Lost in Space were coming over and give me an attitude adjustment), But don't we all have a skeleton or two hiding in the closet?

An unknown actor played the short but memorable part of the "Hash-Slinging Slasher" with a spatula for a hand, in Spongebob Squarepants' episode "The Graveyard Shift".

Where one is...
...Out There Man

Edited by - outthereman on 03/28/2002 7:28:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mr. X
Galactic Member

588 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2002 :  1:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr. X's Homepage Send Mr. X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FOR THE RECORD

Robbie was manufactured by Westinghouse and the other one by G.E.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum © 2002-2013 Aliens & UFOs Among Us Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2