Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum
Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd
 O.T. and Site Info
 Patriotic Quotes and Songs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Brandon Dennis
Galactic Member

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  12:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, try not to think it's gay but I have a song here that really empowers me.

Go to playlist.com and listen to it. It's called I'll Stand By You by Carrie Underwood. Also, Daan told me about a song called Talking About A Revolution by Tracy Chapman. Listen to that one too.

Post your own patriotic songs and quotes so we can all be empowered in our equally momentous journey towards peace and liberty for all.

Edit: It's obvious but you can't forget We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel.

The state is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be... if we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"If you want peace prepare for war." ~ Vegetius
"We may stand alone.....but we stand alone together" ~ Brandon Dennis
My MSN messenger: Mr.BrandonDennis@gmail.com
My email address: Mr.BrandonDennis@gmail.com

Edited by - Brandon Dennis on 07/31/2009 01:11:01 AM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Daan
Galactic Member

Belgium
1552 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  12:56:34 AM  Show Profile Send Daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a techno song, but it's very powerful.

(We Call It) Revolution by Klubbingman

You must be logged in to see this link.

"Don't challenge the world to change. Challenge yourself to change the world." - Brandon Dennis
Go to Top of Page

Brandon Dennis
Galactic Member

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  01:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There you go.

Makes me sway my head back and forth. I love a good song that can make me dance. Doesn't happen a lot.

The state is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
"If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be... if we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  01:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's not gay at all Brandon. You want to see gay?

This song is how I feel almost word for word. It's been known to bring a tear to my eye if I allow myself to think about the words while it's playing. Now that's gay. Some songs just strike a chord in us. This one does it for me.

Oh yeah, btw, check out the original version of your song. A very powerful song by a very underrated performer. It's one of my favorites.

"For the devout believer, no evidence is necessary. For the devout skeptic, no evidence will suffice."

Edited by - Elrick on 07/31/2009 01:29:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Daan
Galactic Member

Belgium
1552 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  01:27:19 AM  Show Profile Send Daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, the video to the song "isn't available in my country due to copyright reasons"... any other link?

EDIT: What's the name of it?

"Don't challenge the world to change. Challenge yourself to change the world." - Brandon Dennis

Edited by - Daan on 09/16/2009 2:59:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  01:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try this one:

or

"For the devout believer, no evidence is necessary. For the devout skeptic, no evidence will suffice."

Edited by - Elrick on 07/31/2009 01:35:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Daan
Galactic Member

Belgium
1552 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  01:39:27 AM  Show Profile Send Daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a coincidence, this is the song that made me cry for the first time many years ago...

I have loved it ever since I was a lil' boy... We're becoming to emotional here, guys! :P

Edited by - Daan on 05/21/2010 4:44:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  01:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's awesome. What a coincidence. This song brings out the "Knowing what could be but seeing what is", that just rips me up. It brings up old feelings of not belonging and not wanting to belong. Very sad. Heres one you probably don't have as much of a connection with. I'm not even sure why I do. The way the song builds though is just magic to me. I love this song but It's totally gay to say that. I'm an old-school metal head at heart.

Total Eclipse of the Heart

so embarrASSing....

Edited by - Elrick on 07/31/2009 02:13:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Brandon Dennis
Galactic Member

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  01:50:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like that version even more. Mad World isn't gay, Elrick, although I've found it hard to listen to in the past. And to you, Daan, I'll tell you what I tell every woman that challenges my manhood:

If this is a world where emotions are not accepted, then this is not a world in which I want to live.

Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  01:56:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah, I agree. The girl from the Pretenders (I'm horrible with names) who originally wrote it, puts such feeling into it...probably because it has true meaning to her. I like the original a lot better although Carrie does a decent job at it.

Edited by - Elrick on 07/31/2009 01:56:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Daan
Galactic Member

Belgium
1552 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  02:00:03 AM  Show Profile Send Daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another song that has always touched me most, well more of a beat...

Crockett's Theme by Jan Hammer (from Miami Vice)

Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  02:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Give this one a chance. It's one of my favorites from way back. After my mother left, I was passed around quite a bit as a kid and this song was and is very personal to me. I loved thes guys. Check out the words.

Edited by - Elrick on 07/31/2009 02:06:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  02:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like that Daan. I found it very relaxing actually.

Go to Top of Page

Daan
Galactic Member

Belgium
1552 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  02:06:25 AM  Show Profile Send Daan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Name please, same copyright problem gah...

It's got that, chill out, enjoy life thing...

Edited by - Daan on 07/31/2009 02:07:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  02:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh sorry, "In Harm's Way - Metal Church"
Man you guys are bringing back some old buried memories. This song is just...I can't describe it. If you can make out the words you might understand.

Edited by - Elrick on 07/31/2009 02:12:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Brandon Dennis
Galactic Member

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  02:17:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like both of those songs. Crockett's Theme sounds like...like you're getting punched in slow motion but you keep fighting. lol if that makes any sense. Sorry to hear about your childhood, Elrick. Glad you turned out OK. I looked up the lyrics to In Harm's Way. Saddest thing I've ever heard.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum © 2002-2013 Aliens & UFOs Among Us Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2