Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum
Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd
 O.T. and Site Info
 Where are our priorities?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  10:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just kicking back watching the news this morning, as usual, and after about an hour I couldn't help but think, "wow, we are really screwed up". As the country falls apart, the important issues seem buried by so much clutter. So I figured I would make an in general rant thread about our current misguided path or just anything in general that you feel is a little backwards in this wacky world of reality. I'm gonna start by just throwing out some stuff they were focusing on in the media this morning. First off, we are bombing the moon at 7:30am tomorrow morning. We are evidentally sending a rocket and a satalite following 4 minutes behind which will also crash into the moon, in the area of the moon's south pole. They say they are looking for what the moon is made of and primarily looking for water. Of course we wont see any people on the moon likely as they wont yet admit that we still cannot get through the Van Allen belt without help. But that's not the issue. The issue is that is this the proper time to be wasting all these resources on bombing the moon when the country is bankrupt? Some states are struggling desperately to cover their responsibilities and if unemploymeny isn't extended yet again, there could be millions losing their benifits at the end of the year. So why are we wasting so many resources by launching bombs at the moon? I'm sure it's important work and yaddayaddayadda but shouldn't we be helping the people first if that was a true goal?

Secondly, corporate profits are up 5%. Yes that's correct, corporate profits are up while unemployment and poverty are on the rise. People are going broke while big companies are still shining with increasing profits. What happened to all of the new jobs we were promised? Has anyone seen one yet? Where are the commercials or adds for numbers I can call if I want to go build roads or bridges because I lost my job? Oh wait, those are jobs for state workers who are already employed to build roads and bridges. They just got more work so they'll be fine for a while. I guess those jobs aren't for the average citizen. Ok, then where are all the new jobs from this going green movement? Where are the windmill and solar panel factories? Or any new jobs for that matter? All I see is people losing their jobs or living in fear of losing their job. I don't see any actual new jobs yet.

The newest version of the health insurance bill has a price tag of 829 billion dollars at the moment and it does little more than force everyone onto a broken system that does it's best to turn a profit for those that control it. There is little to no actual reform going on. It will rape the people even more in its current state. Before you know it, we will all be poor and totally reliant on the government to get by. Pepsi profits are up 9% so I can see why they want a soda tax so bad. So why is the focus not on cutting cost for American citizens and creating new jobs? Instead of trying to strengthen our economy or the peoples quality of living, they are focusing on ways to take even more from you. They are hitting us from all sides, nickle and diming us to death. It makes no sense when people go further into debt and poverty while corporations are turning profits. Instead of focusing on lowering cost of health care, they are simply trying to push bills through that will force everyone to pay into health insurance or get hit with huge fines. And if you happen to be overweight by whoevers guidelines, you will likely have to pay more. And if you are a smoker then you will likely be hit with a double wammy and have to pay additional fees for that. Each day that passes by seems to offer up more evidence that those who have been elected (and some that haven't) to best serve us are selling us out. Something isnt right here.

Ah, I feel slightly better now. I could go on but enough for now, lol. Sorry to dump on you again but the media just frustrates me so some days. It's like we are purposely doing things backwards. I know we aren't this stupid. People just need to rip those blinders off and took a good strong look at things for once. Aren't you tired of this tactic of telling us that things could get really bad in the future if we do nothing, so we are encouraged to purposely make things bad for fear of things getting even worse at some point? What kind of backwards thinking is that?! Ok, I'm done, I promise.

"For the devout believer, no evidence is necessary. For the devout skeptic, no evidence will suffice."

Edited by - Elrick on 10/08/2009 10:42:59 AM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Brandon Dennis
Galactic Member

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  7:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally! A place to rant about the insanities and down-right stupid events that carry human beings from one day to another. It's not my birthday, is it?

Ok, for starters. I just heard about this moon business this afternoon (I wake up at precisely 3 pm ). The first thing I announced to the room at the time was "WHAT ARE THEY, STUPID?!" You're right on the spot about the financial end of it, El, but what bothers me is that the whole purpose of this bombing is to find out what the moon is made of - as in, THEY DON'T KNOW. So what if under all this surface rock there's a large gaseous stockpile of methane or hydrogen? I mean, hell, if they don't know whether there's water down there or not then they obviously don't know what other chemicals are there either. If there IS an explosive gas (such as methane or hydrogen, for those of you who don't pay attention), that means our little bombing experiment could potentially blow a sizable chunk out of the moon, depending on how much gas there is. You know what happens when you blow chunks out of the moon? Tides go haywire. Magnetic fields move around. All kinds of nasty $hit. So let's hope they're not complete idiots. And another thing, who the hell decides that bombing something is the best method for research? Can anyone say BARBARIC?

The state is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be... if we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"If you want peace prepare for war." ~ Vegetius
"We may stand alone.....but we stand alone together" ~ Brandon Dennis
My MSN messenger: Mr.BrandonDennis@gmail.com
My email address: Mr.BrandonDennis@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  7:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool beans! I almost didnt make this topic because it's really just to bitch about the insanities. But I'm glad I did. Yeah Brandon, I was thinking of that too about the moon. If they dont know whats under the surface, they probably shouldn't be bombing. If it was so easy to go to the moon all those years ago, then why dont they simply send up a manned crew with some equipment and do a little drilling or something much safer and logical? Oh what's that? Because they can't?

Wouldnt that be the ultimate proof that we've been to the moon? Just send another group up there and problem solved, but no manned missions to the moon since Apollo (that we know of). And we are still just sending rockets, not astronauts. Wonder whose bright idea this was. "Yeah lets launch a big rocket at the moon and see what happens. And then lets follow it with a satelite taking pictures and then crash the satelite into the moon too! Great idea!"

Ignorant morons....

"For the devout believer, no evidence is necessary. For the devout skeptic, no evidence will suffice."
Go to Top of Page

HumanAlien
Galactic Member

USA
3821 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  12:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit HumanAlien's Homepage Send HumanAlien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a different take on this. The first thing i thought of when
i read that article is that we are going to try and blowup an alien
outpost or something along those lines.

The government should know by now though that the aliens wouldn't
allow this, if that is their intent.

If the moon really is a spacecraft then i bet the rocket gets blasted
way before it even gets near it's target.

This may be silly of me to think this but it was the first thing that
i thought of.

------------------------------------------------------------

You Are A Spirit Having A Human Experience!
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  09:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't blame you H/A. There has been lots of stuff on alien moon bases and such throughout history so I can see where you are coming from.

After watching just 20 minutes of media this morning I am ready to complain some more, lol. First off, that silly rocket launch cost 79 "million" dollars (not including the launch vehical). Do you know 79 million dollars can do for people who are in need?! But no, they would rather bomb the moon then help people in need.

And WTH is with this Obama getting a nobel peace prize?! Talk about undeserved. He had only been in office 2 weeks when nominations were made. Are we just giving these to anyone now? We are in an unjust war, and Obama is trying to send even more troops but somehow he gets a nobel peace prize? Did I wake up in Wacky Land or something? Ridiculous......

BTW not sure if you heard yet but 34 banks have now refused to make their payments to pay back the tax payers and the treasury basically says they can't force them to. Lovely.....

Edited by - Elrick on 10/09/2009 12:15:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

HumanAlien
Galactic Member

USA
3821 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  11:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit HumanAlien's Homepage Send HumanAlien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CNN interviewed some people in england about obamas nobel peace
prize and most of them people said it was way to early for obama
to be getting such an award.

Then they interviewed people from nirobi, kenya and all of the people
were very happy and proud that obama got the award.

Go figure.

I haven't heard about the banks yet.

Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  12:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, looks like they arent done hitting smokers yet. MSNBC is about to do a debate on whether it's time to BAN smoking altogether. Hmmm, does this mean that soon you could be considered a criminal for smoking? If they outlaw cigs, it will just create an underground market for them, just like it does every single time they outlaw something. What about all of the pollution being spewed into the environment on a daily basis by petrolium products used and the outdated cumbustion engine? They are considering whether USA should be a smoke-free country. Priorities sheeple...PRIORITIES.

Edited by - Elrick on 10/16/2009 12:18:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Brandon Dennis
Galactic Member

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  01:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's stupid. I'm hoping that people will treat the cigarettes as the last straw. I mean, there's 40 million smokers in the US out of 305 million altogether. I'm sure another 30 million are people who used to smoke and know how hard it is to quit and whatnot. Another 50 million don't smoke but don't care if people do. So that's at least 120 million right there who would be unhappy if the government tries to ban something as widespread and simple as cigarettes. The other 185 million are split between the people that believe people shouldn't smoke and that we should have some sort of group to help smokers quit, and then the other half of the 185 mill who believe people shouldn't smoke and, more importantly, that people shouldn't be ALLOWED to smoke. Soooo...OVERALL, you have about 92 million who would support the decision and then you have the other 213 million who would oppose it. Yep. Definitely gonna riot if they ban cigarettes. I think the majority of citizens will see something as big as actually banning a product like that as the last straw. There's a war coming. Pick your sides.

Btw, about that combustion engine, I think I may have come up with an alternative engine that would eliminate the need for gas completely. I ran my design past all of the car fanatics I know and they think it could actually work. Still haven't gotten around to patenting it.

The state is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
"If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be... if we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Brandon Dennis
Galactic Member

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  04:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, double post, but I got some more bitching to do. Make sure you still reply to my previous message.

My dad told me there's some sort of city commission that makes up a 5 year plan for where new roads will be built and whatnot. He said they map out where they're going to put the road and then they go in a buy up all the property it runs through. Apparently they pay you a good amount for you to move but if you refuse then they can force you out of your house, even though you own the property. Why the hell aren't people up in arms about this $hit? I guess there's a buttload of people every year that just get tossed out of their own homes for "the good of the community".

Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2009 :  6:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, banning cigs may be going a bit far too early, unless of course mass protesting is what they want. That's awesome that you may have come up with a design that works. Be careful. I'm not well informed in the area of your second post but I know enough to tell it's wrong and people are getting screwed. No big surprise there I guess, lol. Wait, that's not funny.

And what is with this weather? It went right from summer to winter, lol. For the past 2 weeks it has been quite cold. Tonight the low is supposed to be 28 degrees. That's freakin cold for this early. If it's already that cold already, I wonder what December or Janurary is going to feel like? This summer was pretty mild too. I don't know if we ever even broke 100 this year in my area.

Edited by - Elrick on 10/17/2009 6:26:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Brandon Dennis
Galactic Member

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  06:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember at one point this past Summer, it got up to like 110 or something but with the high humidity, it felt like 125. It was brutal. Now this Winter's going to be freezing. Right now there's a cold front blowing through so we're down in the 40s along with 60ish percent humidity plus 14 mph winds. My skin's not used to this crap. That's the worst part about Florida. The weather changes so fast that you can't get used to any one particular temperature. Friday might be freezing while Sunday is burning up. It's annoying as hell. I can't even go outside without shivering, which makes my smoking habit a serious irritation.

Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  10:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not change the subject, but I was just watching the news and they were going over how Goldman Sachs(sp?) made record profits in the previous quarter, and now this quarter's profit beat that! How can this be? How can big corps be profiting so when unemployment is on the rise and people are struggling so? Record profits....let me repeat that - RECORD PROFITS....Something isn't right when the country is struggling more than it has in a very very long time, so how can anyone be showing record profits at a time like this?! It's such bull. I guess stealing money is easier these days than actually making money...at least if you are a bank or a big corp. It worked out great for some of these groups who were given all that tax payer money. It allowed them to buy up all the now dirt cheap and failing branches. This is a typical J.P. Morgan trick for example. It's just history repeating itself again. They induce a market crash, everything sinks in value, they come in and buy everything up at pennies on the dollar (with our money, mind you), then the market recovers and they make buku money and now own everything. I guess it's a good time to be one of these big corps....bad for everyone else though.

Edited by - Elrick on 10/19/2009 10:53:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  09:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah some crazy weather aye Brandon.

H/A You live in Ohio also so I have to ask you if you have heard anything about new laws going into effect for the state. I had 2 different people tell me about new laws that apparently I wasnt aware of that are already voted in or whatever. One person told me that one new law they just passed was that if you have children under 10 in your vehical, it's a crime to smoke (doesnt matter if windows are up or down, no smoking period). Then the second one I heard about was even more ridiculous. This other person told me that they just made it a law that it is illegal to use your wipers without having your lights on. Yep, that's what I was told. If you are going to use your windshield wipers, your lights have to be on. Do you know anything about either of these? It might just be people blowing smoke up my butt....at least I hope. Not that I want smoke blown up my butt, but these laws sound ridiculous. I hope it's not truth. It sounds like they are trying anything to get more money from you. Everything will eventually be a crime. In the future, I wonder what hours I will be able to use the restroom without being fined?

Go to Top of Page

HumanAlien
Galactic Member

USA
3821 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  12:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit HumanAlien's Homepage Send HumanAlien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. I haven't heard any of this. It doesn't mean that it's true
or false though. I just haven't heard it yet.

As for the smoking thing in the car, i just don't smoke any more when
kids or adults (any non smoker) is in my car.

I used to but i got to thinking that i know i'm killing myself by
smoking but i don't have the right to kill others because of my
habit. This even goes for inside my house. I'm single and live by
myself but if my daughter and/or my grandchildren come over, i don't
smoke inside. I go outside to smoke.

That wipers and headlights thing makes no sense at all, unless the
law wants your car more visible during a downpour.

Go to Top of Page

Elrick
Galactic Member

USA
5831 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  12:46:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elrick's Homepage Send Elrick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I let people smoke in my house. I let them smoke in my car too as long as a window is cracked cause its old and you're not gonna make it smell any worse than it already does, lol. I could never find any evidence for second hand smoke doing anything other than smelling bad if you aren't the one actually smoking. My parents and grandparents smoked around all of the kids. A couple family members were big cigar smokers. But I've never known anyone to die from second hand smoke or even have to go to the hospital for it so until I find some serious evidence that just being around it is harmful, I wont make people go outside. Maybe I just have a high tolerance for it from playing in bars at an early age. And I'm definately not falling for that 3rd hand smoke bologna. I'm more of a light smoker. I will occasionally smoke cigars that my wife brings home from her work too. I like the smell of some of them. But I don't smoke around my students or anything just because I dont want to set a bad example.

I just hope these are just rumors that people are hearing. They have people convinced that what we really need is more policing of the populous. Are more rules and regulations that seem to have to apparent benifit other than to create another source of income for somebody, really gonna help things? Are they going to go overboard with this eventually and start taking kids away from parents who smoke? Freedom aye? Yeah free to follow the rules and regulations set by people who think they know best, freedom to not step out of line, freedom to live how they tell us while they tax or fine us for every little thing they can possibly think up. The windshield wiper thing is just stupid. That has to be fake but I guess you never know.

Edited by - Elrick on 10/25/2009 12:50:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

HumanAlien
Galactic Member

USA
3821 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2009 :  1:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit HumanAlien's Homepage Send HumanAlien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Believe it or not the windshield wiper law is true:

New Ohio Traffic Laws Could Cost You Big
You must be logged in to see this link.

As for smoking with kids in the car, the only state that doesn't
allow this is california.

I couldn't find any other state that make this illegal but chances
are that it is.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum © 2002-2013 Aliens & UFOs Among Us Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2