Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum
Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd
 Conspiracy Theories
 Is time travel possible?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

artemis54
Reptilian Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  6:25:44 PM  Show Profile Send artemis54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is time travel really possible. i think it may be and i have a theory on how it could work. if you went through an endless space time continuem (like a black hole), it would take you to a new destination (space), and a new time (time). it would take you all the way around the universe and then to the "same" spot (you would technically have never left) but you would be in a different time.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

artemis54
Reptilian Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  6:29:59 PM  Show Profile Send artemis54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i wasnt very clear when i said you would never move so i will explain. you will not be doing all of this travel, only your mind would. while your mind would be going ther, so would you soul. because of this people would see you and be able to interact with you. in reality you would be sitting back in some chair in a lab while in a trance.
thats the best i can explain it so i hope it helps some.

Go to Top of Page

5aret
Galactic Member

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  7:49:35 PM  Show Profile Send 5aret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Artemis54.

I also think the speed you go would affect how far you went back or forward in time

"Where's the love?"
Go to Top of Page

artemis54
Reptilian Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  8:34:27 PM  Show Profile Send artemis54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i dont think so. i think that it depends on how many times your mind goes around the universe. this would seem to take forever but in your mind it would only be a matter of seconds.

Go to Top of Page

5aret
Galactic Member

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  8:54:02 PM  Show Profile Send 5aret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It could be a combination of both of those theories or it could be something in beetween. In diffrent univeres almost enything is possible

"Where's the love?"
Go to Top of Page

artemis54
Reptilian Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  8:55:21 PM  Show Profile Send artemis54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
in different universes? heck even in our univere almost anything is possible. i see what your saying though.

Go to Top of Page

Foto
Grey Member

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  10:08:47 AM  Show Profile Send Foto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know about any of this but I do believe it is possible. It would explain a lot of things in my mind, especially biblical prophesy. I believe that what ever race is responsible for locating us on this rock had to satisfy their minds about the long term future of it first. It might also explain why many people only catch fleeting glimses of UFOs as what they are really observing may be part of a time travel operation in progress.

"More will be revealed."
Go to Top of Page

artemis54
Reptilian Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  1:54:39 PM  Show Profile Send artemis54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thats an interesting thought. ive never thought of ufos as appering that way but i do have one question for you. if it was just a time travel process, why do ufos land and take people and appear in so many forms? youd think theyd have a universal way of using time travel.

We have barely scratched the surface of information on extraterrestrials. We must dig deep if we plan on finding the whole truth.
Go to Top of Page

Hadrianus
Galactic Member

Costa Rica
1623 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  5:13:19 PM  Show Profile Send Hadrianus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to recent developments, time travel is not only possible, but there are serious scientists currently constructing a time machine.

The way it works is this: According to Relativity Theory nothing can travel at or even near the speed of light due to various constraints on energy consumption in relation to this continuum. But according to the same theory, if anything could EXCEED the speed of light, it would in fact appear to any observer to be traveling backward in time. Just another relativistic effect. How to do this?

Originally, it was noted that the space component of spacetime is not homogenous. This is to say, there can be regional anomalies. To see the truth of this one only has to consider gravity. The presence of a sizeable mass in the continuum creates what is called a "gravity well". Space itself bends inward, creating what we perceive as the force of gravity. Thus space is not uniform in its configuration.

In the vicinity of rotating black holes, space swirls, like the liquid in a cup of coffee when you stir it. It swirls fast. Very fast. In relation to surrounding space it might even reach relativistic speeds.

Thus, for an object traveling at a considerable fraction of the speed of light within this swirling space, in the same direction as the swirl, the speed of light might actually be exceeded in relation to anyone standing some distance away and observing what is happening. Or, in other words, the object would disappear, traveling in reverse relative to the time outside the black hole.

This stuff is theoretically valid, but of course any practical application would be sure to run into some, ah, problems.

BUT, the breakthrough came when it was realized that space swirls not only around black holes. It swirls around lasers too.

What they are building now is a tunnel constructed of lasers. It is thought that the space in this tunnel will swirl at relativistic speeds. Particles of energy can be shot down this tunnel at near the speed of light. It is believed that once the machine is switched on it will immediately start receiving particles that have been shot down it some date in the future.

This has implications. The particles can be so configured as to carry information. This is to say, the second the machine is switched on, it can receive communications from the future. How far in the future? They dont know. There are a number of parameters to consider. For instance, if the machine is successful, perhaps in 100 or 200 years the people then will develop technology that allows communication from thousands of years in the future. They could then arrange to 'relay' any such information back to the date the machine was first switched on. The possibilities are staggering.

For instance we might know, literally as soon as the machine is switched on, whether the Earth is EVER contacted by Aliens. If the technology for curing cancer is ever developed, it could be received immediately. All diseases might be cured this way. Technology literally from thousands of years in the future could be available immediately. This would of course create an anomaly, since the intervening time during which that technology had first been developed would no longer be necessary, and during that time new technology, which had never been developed in that time period originally, based on the future technology, could be developed, and then again, and then again, to the point where the fabric of time itself might be strained.

Maybe such a machine is not a good idea.

This sounds like SF, but its not.

Edited by - Hadrianus on 02/27/2004 8:11:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

artemis54
Reptilian Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  5:37:26 PM  Show Profile Send artemis54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thats intresting. i do have a question though. if they used the information from the future to cure cancer, they would now have a cure for cancer so why would they have needed to travel through time to get it. but if they never traveled through time, would there even be a cure for cancer?

We have barely scratched the surface of information on extraterrestrials. We must dig deep if we plan on finding the whole truth.
Go to Top of Page

Hadrianus
Galactic Member

Costa Rica
1623 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  5:51:55 PM  Show Profile Send Hadrianus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is the anomaly I was referring to. The technological development would be instantaneous as the future gave us their knowledge, but then the future in which that knowledge was developed would become unnecessary. Thus, it would not be the PAST of the future that sent us the data, but the past of some other future. This would turn the time machine into a means of creating alternative timelines, of which there are undoubtedly an infinite amount.

This sort of paradox is entertaining, and can go on for days as we discuss the possible ramifications of meeting your grandfather when he was a kid or discovering time travel because a time traveler from the future explained it to you.

Let's just agree there are paradoxes and let it go at that.

Edited by - Hadrianus on 02/27/2004 8:13:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

5aret
Galactic Member

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  6:50:19 PM  Show Profile Send 5aret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im not sure if this is true but I think humans will never get time travel. I think that because no one has seen future humans around. Oh come to think of it, the humans might camofloge themselves to look like us so they dont mess up time.

"Where's the love?"
Go to Top of Page

artemis54
Reptilian Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  6:57:19 PM  Show Profile Send artemis54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
actually, if you read the papers and search the internet, there are people who claim to be from the future. they are just called insane. also, there is a flaw with time travel. say you went back in time and killed you granpa. but if you killed your granpa, you wouldve never been born. but if you were never born, how could youve killed you granpa. therefore youd still be alive. etc.

Go to Top of Page

5aret
Galactic Member

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  7:19:07 PM  Show Profile Send 5aret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ive read that stuff too. I just wanted to know your opinions about it.

"Where's the love?"
Go to Top of Page

artemis54
Reptilian Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  7:21:30 PM  Show Profile Send artemis54 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh...well i think that it will be possible but extremely complicated and youd have to get a license for it and they would constantly monitor what your doing so you dont kill anybody or somethin.

Go to Top of Page

5aret
Galactic Member

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  6:52:44 PM  Show Profile Send 5aret a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh... sorry. I was not being specific enough.
I was trying to say I have searched the internet about people being from the future.
sorry about that.

"Where's the love?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum © 2002-2013 Aliens & UFOs Among Us Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2