Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum
Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd
 Conspiracy Theories
 Do Governments hide what they know?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Rob Mc
Galactic Member

Ireland
602 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  4:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iv kinda come to the conclusion that I don't really give a **** weather aliens exist or not, tbh it doensn't really effect me much, if they do then we will find out soon enough, if they don't then life goes on.

We are the resistance!
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Rob Mc
Galactic Member

Ireland
602 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  4:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon Dennis

Well, TECHNICALLY....if a million people all think they can fly, even though they can't, wouldn't that make them all individually crazy?

Just saying.

The state is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be... if we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"If you want peace prepare for war." ~ Vegetius
"We may stand alone.....but we stand alone together" ~ Brandon Dennis
My MSN messenger: Mr.BrandonDennis@gmail.com
My email address: Mr.BrandonDennis@gmail.com

Haha, genius

We are the resistance!
Go to Top of Page

Carson Dane
Reptilian Member

163 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  12:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carson Dane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Existence exits and is what it is –whatever the reality of the universe is; Earthlings’ minds don’t seem to connect with that reality quickly.

Instead, Earthlings create “realities” in their minds, and then, use those mind created realities as substitutes for the real thing. What is the consequence of such make-believe due to minds not knowing the reality of the universe of which they are a part?

Could Earthlings way of mind be the reason why there is little understanding of the UFO Intelligences, whose presence is recorded from ancient times to the present, whether they’re from earth or elsewhere in the universe?
Go to Top of Page

Rob Mc
Galactic Member

Ireland
602 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  2:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carson Dane

Existence exits and is what it is –whatever the reality of the universe is; Earthlings’ minds don’t seem to connect with that reality quickly.

Instead, Earthlings create “realities” in their minds, and then, use those mind created realities as substitutes for the real thing. What is the consequence of such make-believe due to minds not knowing the reality of the universe of which they are a part?

Could Earthlings way of mind be the reason why there is little understanding of the UFO Intelligences, whose presence is recorded from ancient times to the present, whether they’re from earth or elsewhere in the universe?

Well the reason we create this realities is because we have nothing else to go on. I mean the possibilities of what aliens could look like is practically infinite. A big part of me not believing in "greys" and such is because they look so like us. What are the chances that the aliens we meet will be bi-pedal? you could probably safely say that they would not be bi-pedal. I believe that creating these realities is a major strength of the human race, being able to create possible futures or inventing technologies that we do not even have the means to make yet.

But who knows, asking the question of whether there are aliens out there is way beyond are capabilties, and even if we did find them there would be no way of contacting them. We are such a young race. Earth is far from the centre of the Galaxy and was thus created much later than other planets. Earth is 4.5 billion years old itself and the galaxys star making peak was billions of years before this again. If aliens did exist in this galaxy they are long gone. we seem to be young in a very old galaxy.

Sometimes I wonder why we care, wyy do we long to find other intelligent life? Maybe its because we are lonely. For instance their are many different species of dolphin or whale but our cousins all went, we out-competed them. were not evolved for a world were the only minds are ours. Perhaps the scariest thought is that we are alone.

"Go on through the lofty spaces of high heaven and bear witness, where thou ridest, that there are no no Gods" - Seneca-medea

We are the resistance!
Go to Top of Page

Grey
Galactic Member

Spain
646 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  4:06:44 PM  Show Profile Send Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you there Rob, it is strange that almost all aliens you see are humanoid. A theory I have is that the Greys are simply a higher evolved version of us, and we are to them what the chimpanzees are to us.

It's possible that not all humans are on Earth after all, I mean, there may be other humans on other planets, who knows?

The matter of the fact is that all aliens will evolve depending on what is best for their world, so humans can look like anything. They might not have legs at all, they may be blobs, or large single celled organisms like cnidarians, or anything. It all depends on what they're world is like.

Obviam Machina
-------------------------
"It's not just idle fact, it's cold hard speculation"
---------------------------------------------------------
"And all, but Lust, is turned to dust
In Humanity's machine."
-Oscar Wilde, The ballad of Reading Gaol.

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall." - Che Guevara.
"As long as I breathe I hope. As long as I breathe I shall fight for the future." -Leon Trotsky

Edited by - Grey on 11/22/2009 4:08:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

HumanAlien
Galactic Member

USA
3821 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  4:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit HumanAlien's Homepage Send HumanAlien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone once referred to us as the martians.

The story goes, millions of years ago, mars atmosphere
got torn away from the planet but before that happened,
the survivors came to earth to start a new life.

Of course, there are so many stories out there that it's
to hard to find the truth.
------------------------------------------------------------

You Are A Spirit Having A Human Experience!

Edited by - HumanAlien on 11/22/2009 4:22:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Grey
Galactic Member

Spain
646 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  4:32:30 PM  Show Profile Send Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've heard that too, but it begs the question:
If the Martians came to Earth they had the technology of space travel. So why did humans take so long to get space travel again?

Unless the Martians they sent to Earth were children, but why would they do that? Why not send technologically adept adults?

Obviam Machina
In Humanity's machine."

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall." - Che Guevara.
"As long as I breathe I hope. As long as I breathe I shall fight for the future." -Leon Trotsky
Go to Top of Page

calperia
Galactic Member

USA
1571 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  8:15:05 PM  Show Profile Send calperia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Guys!

Interesting conversation, here! Mind if I jump in? (Y'know I'm going to anyway! )

About aliens "looking like us": There seems to be a law in Nature, something to the effect that if a pattern works, then it is often repeated. Sort of like, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

In a Universe as large as this one (at least from our perspective), it stands to reason that there would be many, many worlds similar to ours...ergo, life upon such worlds would be similar to ours, also.

Thus, it does not bother me that the Greys--or other purported ETs--resemble us, to some degree.

I would, of course, believe that other, very different, life forms exist on worlds vastly dissimilar to ours...and that, perhaps the reason we do not hear of them is that they cannot exist in our environment; therefore, they stay away.

Oh, and Grey--about the Martian theory: Some people think that the whole Atlantis story (about an advanced race of "humans" that shared technology and information with ancient Earth civilizations, such as the Greeks, the Egyptians, and even the Mayans) was based on Martian-Earthling interaction. Now whether or not this is true, I haven't a clue...Just thought I'd mention it. According to legend, the technology and information shared was, for the most part, lost over time. That might explain why it has taken mankind so long (or has it? ) to begin space travel.

I'll leave you with those thoughts. Have a great week!

Your Pal,
Cal

Go to Top of Page

Grey
Galactic Member

Spain
646 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  04:44:55 AM  Show Profile Send Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with what you said Cal, about that there may be many planets that have a Earth like atmosphere and a gravity of 1G and such, but it stands to reason, given that the universe and planets may be presumed as almost infinite, then the variety must also be infinite.

While a number of planets may be Earth-like, the percentage of planets that are Earth-like are negligible, as there is an unknown number of planets, but it must be billions, if not trillions of planets, so even thousands of planets are hardly worth counting.

Unless of course, you are a student of the theory that the universe is a loop, and that in the middle there is a void, or if you are a student of membrane theory, in that there may be another side (quite literally) to our universe.

Obviam Machina
In Humanity's machine."

Go to Top of Page

calperia
Galactic Member

USA
1571 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  2:47:21 PM  Show Profile Send calperia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course, you have a point, O Grey One!

But in an infinite universe (if I were to believe in such a thing), among those billions and trillions of planets, there would undoubtedly be a vast number that could potentially produce some form of bipedal, human-like beings (in the sense of having a head of some sort, at least two arms and two legs, etc.).

The planets need not be Earth-like, as we understand the term. That is, there need not be maple trees lining Main Street and cute little bipeds playing in white picket fenced-in yards, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum . On the contrary, the planets could be quite different in both appearance and in the types of flora and fauna present, with (perhaps) multiple intelligent species--bipedal and otherwise--coexisting in unique interactive social structures.

Now, wouldn't that be a hoot!

Sooo, as they say on the outer fringes of the Great Spiral Galaxy, Kneplfkgrozlkn (dang difficult to translate that one!), "The Higher...the Fewer!"

Oh...pardon me: that was Alexander to Worf on Star Trek:TNG (gotta love those Klingons! )

Have a great week!

Your Pal,
Cal
Go to Top of Page

Rob Mc
Galactic Member

Ireland
602 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  4:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by calperia

Hi, Guys!

Interesting conversation, here! Mind if I jump in? (Y'know I'm going to anyway! )

About aliens "looking like us": There seems to be a law in Nature, something to the effect that if a pattern works, then it is often repeated. Sort of like, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

In a Universe as large as this one (at least from our perspective), it stands to reason that there would be many, many worlds similar to ours...ergo, life upon such worlds would be similar to ours, also.

Thus, it does not bother me that the Greys--or other purported ETs--resemble us, to some degree.

I would, of course, believe that other, very different, life forms exist on worlds vastly dissimilar to ours...and that, perhaps the reason we do not hear of them is that they cannot exist in our environment; therefore, they stay away.

Oh, and Grey--about the Martian theory: Some people think that the whole Atlantis story (about an advanced race of "humans" that shared technology and information with ancient Earth civilizations, such as the Greeks, the Egyptians, and even the Mayans) was based on Martian-Earthling interaction. Now whether or not this is true, I haven't a clue...Just thought I'd mention it. According to legend, the technology and information shared was, for the most part, lost over time. That might explain why it has taken mankind so long (or has it? ) to begin space travel.

I'll leave you with those thoughts. Have a great week!

Your Pal,
Cal

Yea, but your forgetting something Cal, what about the billions of other species that have evolved on our planet? why dont any of them look like us? Just because a species was to grow and evolve on an earth like planet doesn't mean that they would look anything like us. Take for instance a cockroach, they grew up under the exact same conditions as us but look so vastly different. Thats why Im pretty sure you could safely say that there is a 99.99999999999999999999999% possibility that they would not look like us. And when you look at it like that its actualy quite ridicoulous to even think they look like us,lol

We are the resistance!
Go to Top of Page

Brandon Dennis
Galactic Member

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  7:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mathematically, an infinite universe would require an equally infinite chance of them both looking like us, not looking like us, and every other possible thing that could happen. So, mathematically, there's no reason to even talk about it. Of course, that doesn't stop us from using our imagination.

The state is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
"If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be... if we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"If you want peace prepare for war." ~ Vegetius
"We may stand alone.....but we stand alone together" ~ Brandon Dennis
My MSN messenger: Mr.BrandonDennis@gmail.com
My email address: Mr.BrandonDennis@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

calperia
Galactic Member

USA
1571 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  7:35:57 PM  Show Profile Send calperia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, Guys...

Cal hears you, and Cal understands...But methinks ye hears me wrongly.

I think you all know that i am quite aware that this world of ours has a multitude of life forms. Yet, among them, there do seem to be repeating patterns, if you will--both in body form and function.

The point that I was attempting to make is that the pattern--not the exact type--is probably repeated many times over throughout this universe, because it works, at least on a planet similar to ours. That does not mean that the universe is populated by exact replicas of Homo Sapiens.

And Brandon scores another point! In his usual straight-to-the-point manner, he summed it all up quite nicely: it could go either way, and since we have no way to traverse this universe to ascertain that which is, all we can do is speculate about that which might be.

Still and all, it's a lot of fun to imagine the possibilities, is it not?

A great week to all of my bipedal buddies!

Your Pal.
Cal
Go to Top of Page

HumanAlien
Galactic Member

USA
3821 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  8:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit HumanAlien's Homepage Send HumanAlien a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know this is no proof but some of the videos i've watched about
people talking about alien life forms, say that this aliens are walking
around among us. They look so human that it's hard to pick them out
of a crowd.

If you want to believe the billie miere stories, he was in contact
with human looking aliens from the pleiades.

I'm willing to bet that there are many human looking aliens, all
throughout the universe.

------------------------------------------------------------

You Are A Spirit Having A Human Experience!
Go to Top of Page

Grey
Galactic Member

Spain
646 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  07:44:04 AM  Show Profile Send Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always find it laughable that people think Alien society would be like ours. It's also fun to hear people say:
"Aliens couldn't live on [insert planet here] it's atmosphere isn't breathable, it's too hot, it's too cold."

It's ridiculous to think humans will have a physiology even remotely similar to humans. The example I always give them is:
"We couldn't live underwater, yet fish do."

On the subject of Atlantis, and technology being lost. It's not in human nature just to "lose" technology. It rarely happens, the only example I can think of is the medieval period including the dark ages after the Roman Empire.

Can't think of any others though.

Obviam Machina
In Humanity's machine."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aliens & UFOs Among Us/Free the Herd Forum © 2002-2013 Aliens & UFOs Among Us Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2